Fair Use Policy
Important information that you should know.
The purpose of the Fair Use Policy is to ensure that all our customers can access our services and that those customers do not use our services in a manner that we consider ‘unreasonable’ or ‘unacceptable’.
In addition, the Fair Use Policy sets out your responsibilities when you use our service. It also confirms steps we may take to ensure and monitor compliance with this policy, and sets out our responsibilities to comply with directions from regulatory and other law enforcement bodies.
It also explains how we provide certain services to you, as well as what steps we take to manage our network during times of congestion.
The Fair Use Policy applies to all our services.
As a business customer, including a small to medium business customer, our services are for your use in the ordinary course of business.
You may not use the service in a manner that is ‘unreasonable’ or ‘unacceptable’.
2. Unreasonable Use
We consider your use of the service unreasonable if you use it in a manner other than the purpose for which it was intended.
Here are some examples of uses that we consider ‘unreasonable’. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list.
- As a business customer, including a small to medium business customer, using the service in a way that could not be reasonably regarded as ordinary business use.
- Using the service for fraudulent purposes.
- Abnormal or excessive use of back-to-base services.
- Using the service in connection with a device that switches or reroutes calls to or from our network to another carrier’s network.
- Wholesaling any service or using the service in connection with any device that switches or reroutes calls and potentially keeps a line open for hours.
- On any plans with included calls (limited or unlimited), the maximum call limit before additional charges apply will be determined based on 250 minutes per channel or 250 minutes of calls per user (whichever applies to the plan).
- Using the service to wholesale supply any service (including transit, refile or aggregate domestic, or international traffic) on our network.
- Calling local rate or toll-free numbers to make indirect calls through other providers (e.g. through a calling card).
- Using the service for the purposes of arbitrage.
- Using the service in connection with a device that automatically dials numbers that are either from a list or generated randomly.
- Using the service to make or receive calls on our network for the purposes of resale, resupply or commercial exploitation.
- Using the service for continuous call forwarding or multiple simultaneous calling.
- Using the service for anything that isn’t standard person-to-person communication.
3. Unacceptable Use
You may not use our services in any manner that improperly interferes with another person’s use of our services or for illegal or unlawful purposes. You may not use any equipment or devices on our network that have not been approved by us. We consider the unauthorized use of our services or equipment in this way to be unacceptable.
Here are some examples of uses that we consider ‘unacceptable’. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list.
- If you provide us with false user information to use the service.
- Using any equipment or device on our network that has not been authorized by us.
- Using the service to make unsolicited or unwanted commercial calls to individuals or businesses.
- Using the service to gain improper access to another person’s private or personal information.
- Using the service to distribute or make available indecent, obscene, offensive, pornographic, illegal or confidential material.
- Using the service to defame, harass or abuse anyone or violate their privacy.
- Contravening any applicable laws when you use the service.
- Using the service to communicate with emergency service organizations where an emergency situation does not exist.
- Using the service to distribute or make available material that is misleading or deceptive as to your identity.
- Infringing any person’s intellectual property rights, including copyright, when you use the service.
- Using the service in a way that interferes with or disrupts the service, any computer system access through it, or any other person’s use of it.
4. Monitoring Compliance
We are under no obligation to monitor your calling. However, we may, from time to time, monitor transmissions to protect our network, our other customers, and the general public, and to ensure you are complying with the terms of this policy. We may need to disclose any findings as required to regulatory authorities.
We take active steps to minimize the amount of unreasonable use of our network, which may include:
- Restricting your ability to make and receive calls.
- Limiting your access to the service.
- Requiring you to rectify any misconfigured mail and/or proxy servers.
We may provide your username, IP address, or identifying material to law enforcement authorities when required to do so.
5. Breach Of The Fair Use Policy
If you breach any part of this Fair Use Policy, we will, generally speaking, contact you and, if appropriate, ask you to modify your use of the service. If you do not modify your use of the service, we may suspend or cancel your service without notice to you.
If the limit of 300 minutes of calls per user or channel is breached in any given period, we will enforce our pay-as-you-go plan rates to the calls that exceed this limit.
However, in certain circumstances, such as illegality or non-ordinary use, we reserve the right to suspend or cancel your service immediately and without notice to you.
Upon cancellation of an account, we are authorized to delete any files, data or information associated with the account.